Strobe and arm for Oly C5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanurse

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Can someone reccomend a good place to purchase inon strobes ? I have a Olympus C5050 camera with a PT-015 underwater housing. Also, how about a reccomendation for strobe arms. I looked at ultra light they seem nice but are they worth the expense ?

scubanurse:
Can someone reccomend a good place to purchase inon strobes ? I have a Olympus C5050 camera with a PT-015 underwater housing. Also, how about a reccomendation for strobe arms. I looked at ultra light they seem nice but are they worth the expense ?

Here's where I got my strobe and fisheye tray with arms. I found that the equipment got here faster than if mailed from the states (they're in Japan). An added bonus is they were cheaper than anywhere in the states. I alos liked the arm that came with the tray

http://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/English/euwdigitalindex.htm

In doing the conversion from Yen to Dollars, the ULCS is less expensive to purchase in the states directly from them or from one of their dealers. See www.ulcs.com and go to the dealer page.
They are worth the money because it will be the last arm you need to purchase, others will frustrate you and you will end up with ULCS in my opinion. :wink:
mgtc

mgtc:
In doing the conversion from Yen to Dollars, the ULCS is less expensive to purchase in the states directly from them or from one of their dealers. See www.ulcs.com and go to the dealer page.
They are worth the money because it will be the last arm you need to purchase, others will frustrate you and you will end up with ULCS in my opinion. :wink:
mgtc

I agree with mgtc! The camera/housing will eventually be replaced with newer and more current technology, but the ulcs arms will grow with you. Yes, they are expensive, but why waste money going cheap and then having to buy the ulcs arms later?

Jim

Yuzo in Japan is a good source for the strobe.

The loc line arms are also a good choice and you may want to compare them to the UCLS arms. The loc line is less expensive and you can add or subtract sections to your liking.

Have you considered a homemade tray. I made one out of a piece of aluminum that I bent on a vice to the shape I wanted. It holds two lens docks for my wide angle and close-up lenses. You can view it here

Back
Top Bottom