Strobe arms and tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bacchus

Reaction score
My PT-015 housing arrived and now I'm in need of a new tray and strobe arms. Does anyone have experience with the UCLS arms. They look great on line but, non of my LDS' carry them in stock. "We'd be happy to order them for you" is all I can get out of them. I hate to spend that kind of money on something I've never seen or touched!

It seems as if they are ultimately configurable. Looking for advise!

Steve

Steve let me know when you know because I am in the same boat. Check out digitaldivet.NET he has been some help with some good prices. But all of a sudden he flaked...I might have asked too many questions but heckk its a big investment. He did have the best prices..check out the PT-015 wiht the INON Strob set up he has... Please let me know

Sincerly
Frank

Here in Texas we call it 'coon fingering'!

They are very expensive and everyone I know that uses them think they are worth it. If I were to go back to stiff strobe arms, the UCLS would probably be my first choice.

Talk to Jeff at DigitalDiver and he can answer most any question about them you'll have. Especially when it comes to which sized pieces to configure together.

BTW did you see the pics that Erico posted on DigitalDiver? Shot with a 5050 and no external strobe. Amazing! :eek:

Bacchus once bubbled...
BTW did you see the pics that Erico posted on DigitalDiver? Shot with a 5050 and no external strobe. Amazing! :eek:

I'm on my way there now. Impressive, huh? Maybe I shouldn't look! :eek:ut:

Just come back from the Solomons with my C5050, PT-015, ULCS arm and Ikelite DS125 strobe.

I bought my ULCS arms directly from Ultralight as I too found it hard to get info from LDS and suppliers in Australia. Terry was very helpful and walked me through it till the end (including double checking if the handle fitted the Sea and Sea tray before shipping). Thumbs up for excellent customer response and service.

The arms themselves are fantastic underwater. Though they can be a bit fiddly to setup as it doesn't hold the weight of the DS125 on the surface. The triple clamp is good for the slave sensor but again a bit fiddly to setup when trying to get three ball joints into it at the same time. Once setup the arm is great - very flexible and easy to use. I also found that I could fold the arms with the strobe on so it was easy getting in and out of the water.

I bought a Sea and Sea tray instead (Sea and Sea Multi Stay W Set #21100) as I liked the design better with the dual angled arms. Also the tray has a back brace which prevents the PT015 from spinning around the tripod thread mount during operation (the flash mode and aperture buttons on the PT015/C5050 can be a bit fiddly underwater). As mentioned earlier Terry made absolutely sure the ULCS handle fitted before shipping by trying it on a friend's tray.

I also received the Ikelite standard arm set as part of the Ikelite package (I didn't want it but it came as part of the package which I found a bit silly) - sorry, but no where near as good as the ULCS.

Back
Top Bottom