Strobe for Olympus C5050/PT-015???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look at the dates on this thread! Links and things may have changed in 18 months!

Actually Dee, they have...I just emailed Matthias & this was his reply....Good news to Inon 220(s) users!!

"The new outside unit, which will be available in about 2 weeks will
support the inon strobes, like the Z220 and Z220s. I will post some more
informations soon. Shipping will take about 1 week if the new units are
available.

regards,
Matthias"

lanwu:
Actually Dee, they have...I just emailed Matthias & this was his reply....Good news to Inon 220(s) users!!

"The new outside unit, which will be available in about 2 weeks will
support the inon strobes, like the Z220 and Z220s. I will post some more
informations soon. Shipping will take about 1 week if the new units are
available.

regards,
Matthias"

Is the Ikelite DS50 a reasonable way to go? We fly to Dominica in 13 days, so a quick replies would be appreciated. Have an Oly C5050 and PT15 with which I've taken some okay pics, and just bought a Canon S70 and its uw case for our daughter. Would like a strobe that would work with either, and eventually with the Olympus E-1 outfit (can't resist the brilliant 100% viewfinder, build and ergonomics!).

With the pennies left, the Ikelite DS-50 seems the best way to go. It's available from photo stores and much cheaper that the hightech Inon, which sounds wonderful, but seems to be a pricey special import and "diver's boutique" item.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom