Strobe Recommendation for G10 w/ Canon WP-DC28 Housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pjerl

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I am new to uw photography, and recently purchased the G10 w/the cannon WP-DC28 housing. Can any one recommend a good, economical strobe set up?

Thanks

I have a G10 as well and plan on purchasing the Canon housing. I have an Inon D2000 strobe from my previous camera system (canon S70) that I plan on using with Inon fiber optic cable.

- Ericson

I like my Inon D2000 that I use with my Canon Powershot

I have a Canon G7 with WP-DC11 and Inon D-2000 Type II connected with fiber optic cable.
It works very well.
Scipione

I have the G9 with the Sea and Sea YA-110 I just got the strobe so i cant recomend it yet but i will post pics at the end of the month after my next dive trip

INON S2000 is on sale in Japan now. This is smaller and inexpensive than D2000.
I think this strobe is best for compact digicame.
...but I am making ministrobe for G10.

I am very happy with my G9 and D2000 type 3.
For my back-up, actually I wanted to buy S2000, but no news until early Dec. 2008, could not wait - then I bought Epoque 230DS; and I have to say this strobe is best value - good quality, powerfull, claim GN21 (but in my opinion is over rated - as they include difuser that shall always be used) much cheaper.
If budget is not your problem go with D2000 - but if you have tight budget you can consider epoque 230DS.

Hi, you can use strobes from Ikelite, Sea Sea and Inon without problems. I have a Sea Sea YS-110 with my canon.

Hi

I'm also new in UW photo. I have the g10 and the wpdc28.
I understand that the best options in storbes are the Sea&Sea YS-110, he Inon D2000 and then the Epoque230DS.

But if if buy one of this, wich grip base and arm fits in the wpdc28???

Many of those companies have a universal base for most camera. Ultralight is another company that makes a great tray that I've used for my Inon D2000 and two of my cameras: Canon S40 & S70. I now have a G10 and am pretty sure the tray and arms will work for the WP-DC28.

-eR

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom