Strobe setup for RX100 and G15 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ENPDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I have both a G15 and RX100 and am now looking to purchase a strobe set up that would be a best match for both of these cameras.

G15 is in Canon's OEM housing and RX100 in Ikalite. I do not own any lenses for either of the cameras.

Is there a setup out there that would be easily interchangeable ? Strobe, tray arms etc ?

I was told that the INONZ240 would be a great investment but not sure about the trays, arms etc.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

**also posted in Sony forum**

[FONT=ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3, Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro, Osaka, sans-serif]Inon Z240 are very versatile strobes. When You will switch in the future to DSLR or mirrorless, then strobes You can keep. [/FONT]
[FONT=ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3, Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro, Osaka, sans-serif]Please consider weight, that strobe underwater is approx. 77g/2.7oz with 4 "eneloop" batteries. I do not know what is buoyancy of Your housing with camera. [/FONT]
[FONT=ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3, Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro, Osaka, sans-serif]In the future You probably also would have some lenses, so You can consider for example Inon or other arms with positive buoyancy.
Generally strobes arms and tray can be interchangeable. Both Your housings has similar size so it should be possible.
[/FONT]

There is my rig, which I use also with Olympus XZ-1.
1235145_683117741717002_435115423_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom