Strobe techno-geek questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One end of the cable goes in the strobe (of course). The other end goes where?:shakehead:

I just went through the same thing with the Inon D2000 that I bought from a friend who was upgrading. Inon doesn't have a dedicated Canon A720IS kit so I bought a "generic" Inon fiber optic cable system from Reef Photo & Video (and there support is great). Here are the instructions (courtesy of Reef Photo & Video) they provided regarding how to set up the fiber optic cable.

Reef Photo & Video Support Center - KnowledgeBase - Installing '3M Dual Lock' Style Fiber Optic Sync Cables

I don't use that type of strobe connection but interesting and informative post Rick.

The other end will attach to the front of housing in front of the internal strobe. I use an Inon 2000 with the A620 in the Canon housing. It's a two piece attachment. One peice is stuck with an adhesive backing to the housing. It has velco on the front. The other piece is a hard velco piece at the end of the fiber optic cable. It's sounds a little funky but works well. Yes every now and then the velco comes off during a dive, probably from inadvertably snagging the cable on something. But it's no big deal just to stick it back on. I always use my Inon on manual. I keep my camera flash setting to 1/4 power, works every time, no problems getting my strobe to flash.

Ahhhhh, no wonder I couldn't find a connection "port". It's stuck on with adhesive and velcro:11: Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom