Stroke=Divemaster completion delay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*BUMP*

Good news...sort of. I go in for another MRI on the 27th of May and if the stent in my neck looks good and secure the doc said he'll most likely clear me for diving! :D

I now need to purchase a dry suit though. The nerves on the right side of my body are still out of wack and anything cold hurts like hell and since I dive here in the Midwest...yeah. :( Maybe I should throw the cost of a dry suit in with my medical bills as a form of pain and suffering for that d**m chiropractor that did this to me....:banghead:

Excellent news Darcey - If you can get the hack chiropractor to pay for the DS even better

Make sure it is a DUI with all the bells & whisltes so he will REALLY feel the pain.

Good luck on the next MRI - hope to hear you are cleared to go.

John

I was thinking about going to the chiropractor this week for a "stiff neck", seems like it just quit bothering me.

Thanks for the post and hope you get better soon.

Great news!!! I had my MRI and visit with my neurosurgeon yesterday and...

I'm cleared to dive again!!!:goingdown:

So! Now I just need to invest in a drysuit and I'm good to go. My nerves on the right side of my body are still damaged and cold hurts like a mo-fo. I'm thinking the Whites Catalyst 360SE may be my "lavish" drysuit purchase.:cool2:

The doc didn't set any depth restrictions on me and just said to dive within reason. No prob. Hell, I'd be happy even if he told me I coud only go to 40ft. As long as I'm underwater sucking through a reg attachted to a tank on my back I'm a happy camper.:banana:

Yet another update/bump. I'm finally going to get to hit the water on July 24th. :D

Granted, it's just in the pool to help out with a Rescue student, but it's something and it's the first time I'll be back in the water since my stroke.

I'm working on getting a dry suit too. I've decided on a Whites Fusion Bullet package and am a bit behind on getting it ordered thanks to my slacker boyfriend (soon to be ex probably...being without a dive buddy is going to slow things down too) not following through with getting his and mine ordered. I have to get a custom fit so it will take awhile longer but I'm patient. Heck, I've waited this long just to get in the pool so what's a few more weeks waiting on a dry suit, right?

Once I get back in the water I hope I get the bug again to plug on with Divemaster. I've had a major upset due to problems with my boyfriend who was also working on Divemaster with me and my heart just hasn't been in it. I know I don't need him to finish Divemaster. After all, it was ME that got him to go this far (from just OW to DMC) in the first place. :cool2:

Thanks again to everyone for your support. This has been the worst 5 months of my life but I think I'm finally getting back to "normal".

Darcey: only stumbled across your post today. As I read through the thread I was getting pretty anxious for you. So glad to see you are getting back in the water now. I had never realized that one could be injured by chiropractic manipulation until I was reading up on it after encountering a patient ( I am a dentist) that was similarly injured, but by riding on a roller coaster (the Son of the Beast at Kings Island OH). She's made a full recovery now except that she constantly hears every beat of her heart emanating from the injured area. I hope you are experiencing none of that.

I have just recently submitted my paperwork to PADI for Divemaster and expect my C-card in the mail any day now. I can appreciate the frustration you felt because it does take a lot of time and mental and physical effort to earn Divemaster.

Congratulations in overcoming the health hurdles and moving on as you work toward DM!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom