Stuart Cove Shark Adventure - How scary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did it a year ago, it was very fun. I just convinced myself if I followed the instructions and remained calm I would be fine. But dont let anyone kid you, these are wild sharks and a few ppl have been bitten when they did not follow instructions and the feeders get nipped from time to time. The groupers are as entertaining as the sharks. I think most every diver should do this dive just to get a little more realistic experience with sharks to help you overcome the negative image of them we all get from the media. Enjoy!

Yup, a very exciting dive.
Here is one of my Photo's also.

modDSC03686.jpg

You also get to search for Sharks teeth afterwards.

I just dove with Stuarts Cove last week. Did not do the Shark Feeding dive. The moment I jumped off the boat for the first dive, there were sharks, several of them. I saw sharks during both dives, up close and far away. They were not interested in the divers.

Thanks, everyone for your feedback. Sounds like a go for next Tuesday, and I'm definitely going to pack a little more weight than I usually do, to keep me steady on the bottom. Looking forward to an exciting dive!

From the pics I saw posted, do it...Have not done that one but have done the Roatan one the 2 Italians have, Cara a Cara(face to face).....All we could do was simply laugh when he opened the 5 gallon bucket of fish, literally all hell broke lose....A very good dive & one I won't forget for a long time... the 2 or 3 pictures I have hanging on the wall in my office get a lot of views & comments on by patients every day..

Great thread-diving w/ Stuart's 4-20/23-07 and are doing the shark dive to commensurate a milestone for my buddy!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!

Rje634,

Thanks for posting the awesome pics. I'm going in August and after seeing your shots I'm ready to jump out of my skin in anticipation! I've always loved sharks and have seen a few in the water but never anything like an SC dive. August is a long time away... more time to dream about it.
Dive Safe and Stay Happy
Adam

I'm back and happy to say that I survived, and greatly enjoyed, the shark adventure dive with Stuarts Cove Divers! On the first dive, we saw quite a few sharks swimming nearby, along with some large groupers, I guess waiting to steal a few nibbles from the sharks in the second dive. During the shark feeding dive, I'd say there were 12-15 or so sharks around, somewhat less than what I've seen in the video posted on this board. What was surprising to me was how close the shark feeder was to me (6-8' away), and how very, very close the sharks came, literally inches away. I found the staff to be very professional, and really enjoyed the experience, so would definitely recommend it for those who aren't spooked by such a close encounter!

asckar:
Rje634,

Thanks for posting the awesome pics. I'm going in August and after seeing your shots I'm ready to jump out of my skin in anticipation! I've always loved sharks and have seen a few in the water but never anything like an SC dive. August is a long time away... more time to dream about it.
Dive Safe and Stay Happy
Adam
It was a great experience, I have some video as well, I'll try to post it on youtube or some simular site and let you know the link. The video really gives you a great idea of what it's like.

Back
Top Bottom