'stuff gone in irene' whine...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyDuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
irene flooded our basement and made off with some of my gear. :( i haven't been diving since then, so this is the first i've really taken inventory.

my smb is gone, i can't find my predator, my pink sidemount helmet and pink torrents are mia, and my mask with attached 'stroke' slapstrap seems to be history. i'm gutted.

i do still have my beanie with tiara and my pink oxycheq doubles wing.

our house is fine, we are fine, it's just stuff - but it's sorta expensive stuff that i really liked, and i'm sad.

Hopefully insurance will cover some of it.

That's a lot of pink floating around out there - somewhere.

Sorry to hear that, I guess Irene needed dive gear too. :idk:

Btw, beanie with tiara....:rofl3:...if you have a pic, please post it.

no insurance - flood insurance is prohibitively expensive, and homeowners doesn't cover flood damage.

sam, i can't post pics successfully to sb - i'll make sure it's on my fb, though.

Aw, that's a shame :depressed: The part that I most identified with is where you said it was your tried-and-true gear that you loved. For me that's stuff that you acquire over time, that suits "just right," and that has gained some miles and memories. Even will full replacement $$, it's not the same.

A bit further north we got lucky because Irene veered a bit to the east. But we didn't know that was going to happen and so had everything up on platforms, tied down etc. and fingers crossed. With a big surge it would have been nasty.

I'm sorry about your gear.

Blue Sparkle

File a theft report, say the suspects name was Irene :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom