Stupid lobsters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...but don't touch! Lobstermen get a little trigger-happy when divers are near their traps!

Shut up and Dive!

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
...but don't touch! Lobstermen get a little trigger-happy when divers are near their traps!

Very much so. We've had a few interesting looks from local lobsterman as we gear up in the boat. They calm down after they see us go in the water and notice the bouys that are moving match the bouy on our boat.

But yes, lobsterman get very testy when they find divers near where traps have been broken into. I caught a guy taking a bug out of one of my buddies traps. He cut the entangled line and moved it off the wreck. I went back down to bring it up for repair and get the bugs that were in it and I came upon a diver with his hands in the trap.

Luckily he left before I got close enough to confront him underwater. We confronted him as he was climbing on his boat, and that was the first I noticed the spear gun!

After some very stern words, we got our bugs back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom