Stupid Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miruku

Reaction score
hey guys ~~
i have a really stupid question need to ask ~~
i bought a regulator from diveinn ~~ and they helped me to fill up my warranty card ~~ but the warranty card is only some piece of "PAPER" from scubapro ~~ just wondering if this is what they said "warranty card"?? ~~

thanx ~~:p

Miruku,

First welcome to the board.

When I registered my warrenty with SP I recieved a plastic card in the mail from them. However, I don't believe that they offer a factory warrenty on items purchased online. I might be mistaken but I believe that diveinn might be providing their own warrenty on the reg. I am pretty sure that is what LiesurePro does,

I am sure the folks on this board will further explain this to us both.

Chad

but there's something that i don't really understand ~~
the regs are come with all the papers form scubapro ~~ so doesn't that mean that it should be covered by the scubapro ??

Not necessarly most warrenties state (I havn't read SP's to see if it does or not) that the warrenty is only valid if purchased from an authorized dealer. ScubaPro won't let any online retailers be authorized dealers. But the packaging is going to be the same no matter who is selling it.

Having said this, diveinn may have some other arrangement worked out with SP.

Just a reminder though in order to keep SP's warrenty valid you have to make sure you have all annual maintance done.

Chad

Miruku, this does not have any thing to do with the Warranty Registration card.

I had just noticed that you live in Vancouver as well. Let me know if you are interested in doing some diving. Can always use more "Buddies".

Scubakid

Diveinn is an authorized dealer for the stuff they sell, in Spain. If I read the warranty right that came with an Uwatec digital gauge I bought, to get warranty service from Uwatec (Scubapro) I will need to send the unit back to Diveinn, where the warranty was originally issued. In the US SP won't honor the warranty since it was an online sale, in Spain it will be honored since it was an authorized dealer.

JoelW

Joel is correct.

I find it interesting(only because it's scuba diving equipment) that the manufacturers delineate their markets so precisely- i.e. "Authorized Dealer" in Spain but not in U.S.

European dealers do not seem to be held to the same "no online sales" agreement that is present in the U.S. Most shops in the U.S. don't even sell online. But a lot of shops in the U.K. do.

If you want to get the "free parts for life" you need to send the reg. back to DiveInn in Spain. I would think that you would spend a chunk of change on shipping back and forth across the pond that it wouldn't be a financially sound idea.

Find comfort in the fact that you paid the lowest price possible for a Scubapro reg. With the money you saved you can pay for the parts and service yourself and still come out on top.

I think the "warranty" issue is moot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom