submarine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello ,

Are you sure Submarine?...............HaHAHA

Cheer
Jason

If it is a sub then the long/lat will be on record. Find the military authority that may have lost a ship and search their records. See if the location matches what they show. To the best of my knowledge there are no "missing" subs.

Also, when one sees a sub profile how is one sure it's not a sub fully operational? :)

Sea ya!

Also, when one sees a sub profile how is one sure it's not a sub fully operational? :)

good point!!!!!!

PM me the aprox location and I might have someone who can give you some info.

Sasquatch:
If it is a sub then the long/lat will be on record. Find the military authority that may have lost a ship and search their records. See if the location matches what they show. To the best of my knowledge there are no "missing" subs.

Sea ya!
The Navy that lost it will generally only have a very vauge location such as in a certain assigned patrol area or to or from that patrol area.

The navy that sank it, is often better informed as they had the last contact with the sub. But that navy usually only thinks they sank it based on after action reports, and those reports are not infallible as some subs sank when it was not suspected they did and others were not sank even when the sinking was "confirmed" by post war recordsa analysis. Plus navigation in WWII was a lot less precise than it is today so the "where" can be a pretty large patch of water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom