Subtropical storm Alberto?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting re: LCBR being a no-go since Saturday. We left CBBR on Monday and the boats went out, which contradicts the theory -- and my working understanding -- that as goes LCBR so goes CBBR. Not sure about either yesterday or today since we're back home now (planning the next trip!).

I was on Cayman Brac at the end of October of last year while Tropical Storm Philippe passed by. Reef Divers on Brac, Little Cayman, and Grand Cayman were all closed on October 28. I don't if other operators on Little Cayman or Grand Cayman went out, Scuba Shack did not go out on Brac. There were breakers over the cut, seems like it was a good decision.

Im pumped about it, the strong south winds will have blown in some clear water. Headed out Friday to look for some hogfish, hoping for 30-40 ft vis which is unusual here in SWFL.

I just got back from GC and the storm was blowing from the southwest so all the dive ops went north. It was a little crowded in terms of access to sites and the vis was down a bit, but overall, still pretty good diving. The west side shore diving locations were all closed until wednesday but flat water at Cobalt Coast all week so very good mini wall shore diving. Don't know what was going on at Brac or LC but I suspect the boats could not get through the cut.

By Thursday, the west was OK for both boat and shore diving.

Apart from the rain, we had a good week diving the north wall every day. Luckily, on an island, there is always a leeward shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom