Suckin Heads and Pinchin Tails

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Rig trip and Jazz fest report.

I just figured I could get attention from the title.

First off I need to thank KCBdiver of The Scuba Company in New Orleans for all her hard work on what could have been a disaster.

Two boats in Venice... One blows a I'm stupid the other boats captain blows out his back.... Its time to scramble... Another boat found in Ocean Springs MS.

After staying the night in a little dive in Ocean Springs we get to the dock and a converted 28' crew boat. Not much deck space and no (private) head. 6 divers on the boats first dive trip. Thigs could have been more organized than they were but we were all feeling forgiving. The 2-3 foot seas ended up being 4-5 with an occasional 6 footer. Halfway out we called it. Didn't get to dive this trip but we felt good about the decision not to.

We all did get treated to a cajun crawfish boil Saturday evening complete with corn and red potatos so TexasMike and CavernQT got to learn how to suck heads and pinch tails.

I would recommend The Scuba Company in New Orleans, but wait until the Venice boats are running again.

Tom

Also, we don't fault the boat owner or the captain he'd hired to run us out there. The boat was well rigged for fishing charters, just more some more thought and elbow grease was needed to rig it as well for diving.

We just got stuck by the sea conditions.

(Michelle made a wisecrack that Ocean Springs must be a "real" town since they had a Palm Reader/Fortune Teller. I told her that was really the offices of the NOAA weather forecasters).

I also want to thank KCBdiver. She did a great job helping us out. And she's got a real nice store as well.

And a public thanks to Tom's Aunts-in-law for putting us up while in N'Orleans.

Let's talk more about the Crawdad's. You all want to ship your left overs this way? Please?

Chad

:tease: Tom ain't kidding......when he was done, there was a bigger pile of empty shells in front of him than what was poured out on the table before we commenced to eating!.

I know that was good eatin'. Next time share with the board.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom