Suggestion for mini gauges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slee416

Reaction score
I am considering a wrist mount air integrated computer so I am researching mini console pressure and depth gauges as a backup.

So far I like the Dacor supreme. Basically I want the smallest console possible while still retaining reliability, of course. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

I've used the Cressi and Dive-rite mini gauges. Both have been dependable and compact.

My vote is for the Cressi also. I don't think I have seen a smaller gauge.

as an spg the oms mini brass can't be beat.

Any of the mini brass spg's are good - GUE, OMS and Scubapro all have them and they are virtually identical except for the gauge face which pretty much just has a different logo on them.

For backup depth gauge, look at the Uwatec hockey puck bottom timer. Handy little gadget and only $100 retail...they pop up on ebay fairly cheap too.

Omicron:
For backup depth gauge, look at the Uwatec hockey puck bottom timer. Handy little gadget and only $100 retail...they pop up on ebay fairly cheap too.
Where have you seen it for $100?

Aqualung Mini Combo. The pressure Gauge leak once, but the LDS replace it FOC.

Another one to consider: IST. Looks like Aqualung Mini COmbo, but I think cheaper.

i had the same idea, then i got more and more farsighted.
i find the mini too hard to read in low light situations, even with a reading lens in my mask. seems my focal length is too long to see the little numbers well.
the larger ones are easier to grab too.

the scubapro i have doesn't fluoresce (give off light) after shining a light on it. very nice feature for dark dives. make sure yours does.

i bought a full size spg and will relegate the mini to a stage bottle or something

dt

rje634 - I've seen it pretty close to $100 on a few stores...they aren't too pricey.

I bought an IST about a year ago. It was about $40 on ebay if I remember. Very happy with it so far, well, once I pulled the boot off anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom