Suggestions for 2 days cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ErikH

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

I'm planning for a short 2-day diving trip to Cozumel after 2,5 weeks of cave diving in Tulum. We'll be with 5p and driving 2 cars. We're looking for accomodation for 2 or 3 nights (flying home around 20h on January 25 from cancun). Not sure yet about going from Tulum to Cozumel in the evening and dive the next day or go there early the next morning and go diving the same day.

I'm looking for affordable (but not bare minimum) accomodation for 5p (2 couples, 1 single, so 3 bedrooms would be best) and a dive op that can take us to the best diving the island has to offer. We normally dive in the cold, murky waters of The Netherlands (NW Europe), and all have had technical dive training - but also enjoy 'pretty colourful fishies' and want to see some nice reefs during our stay in MX as well :D Deep, wreck, drift, any suggestions? We prefer to dive 'our own plan' and not be limited by time or a guide. A small boat would be best - as we probably plan on staying in the water longer than the average diver. If it's a shallow dive, it's gonna be a long one, if it's deep we prefer to bring an extra AL80 and maybe plan a couple of minutes of deco to be able to spend some time at depth.

Long story short: which dive-op and accomodation would you suggest? :cool2:

Thanks in advance!

Aldora is a good choice. With only two days you should not be blown out by a norte since Aldora can dive the east side.

Bienvenidos - Aldora Divers | Only the best of Cozumel

You will be with a guide but talk with them about your needs. They have 120 cu ft tanks which may help with your profiles.

I would research the car issue since taking the car ferry may eat up a lot of time. To be clear, you may want to return the cars prior to going to Cozumel.

It is also possible to get to the Cancun airport by bus/ferry as described here

www.tinyurl.com/7m3r6

However, with five people, a private transfer service from Playa del Carmen to the Cancun airport is likely cost effective and a better choice. One option of many is:

USA Transfers

My guess is if caving your packing lots of gear that you don't want out of sight.
Plan for the car ferry and enjoy as much time in Coz as you possiblly can.

Back from Mexico :) Had a wonderful trip and my visit to Cozumel was a brilliant ending. We stayed at Aldora Divers / Villa Adora and had a great time there. They'll put every effort in making your stay as good as it gets and the diving was awesome. Accommodation is clean, well taken care of and with more luxury then we needed :wink: The bikes available are great for a quick visit to the MEGA (hey, I'm Dutch... no way I'll take a taxi if there is a bike!). The cars were dropped at the Executive car rental facility in Playa del Carmen 500m from the pier. Free parking for 3 nights :) We even made our first home cooked dinner in 3 weeks using the BBQ they had there.

The diving was great too: check dive at the 'house reef' after switching to single tank setup on night 1. Two tank dive in the morning to Punto Sur, where we were dropped right onto 10 eagle rays! Second morning another two tank dive, but now Palancar Caves & Reef: 6 juvenile black tip reef sharks, two nurse sharks and a hand full of turtles.

It was a bit of a hassle to get our 50kg of gear each from shore to shore, but it's worth it if you want to see some marine life after 15 days of almost sterile - but absolutely stunning caves :)

Thanks to Brent en Ernesto and all the others at Villa Aldora / Aldora Divers for taking care of us!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom