Suggestions for Christmas present for hubby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi again,

My hubby is going DIR. Willbe starting formal classes this month. He already has a new Halcyon BC and owns a Scubapro reg so he's good to go on that. Mask and fins all good.

I want to start thinking about his Christmas present now in case it's something that needs to be ordered. I'm fortunate, our LDS is Dive Alaska and they are a DIR place.
But what do I get him?

What sort of items would a new diver to DIR need?
Please suggest away...

Need, or want??!!

If he doesn't have a cannister light, and you've got some serious cash to burn, that would be a very nice gift!

For less money, how about a SMB.

Or, for a lot more cash, a drysuit!!

Non are "DIR" per se, but they sure are nice!

scubamickey:
Hi again,

My hubby is going DIR. Willbe starting formal classes this month. He already has a new Halcyon BC and owns a Scubapro reg so he's good to go on that. Mask and fins all good.

I want to start thinking about his Christmas present now in case it's something that needs to be ordered. I'm fortunate, our LDS is Dive Alaska and they are a DIR place.
But what do I get him?

What sort of items would a new diver to DIR need?
Please suggest away...

Bolt snaps....

Double ender boltsnaps! Lots of them :)

Does he have a reel? That's something on the DIR-F list that I didn't get as part of my basic equipment.

MaxBottomtime:
Backplate and wing. A Halcyon B.C. isn't DIR. :D

He has a Halcyon BP/W which is DIR. You haven't heard of them? :D

Snowbear:
PS - lemme know if you wanna dive... I'm always in search of buddies and the weather still may cooperate for taking the Whaler out to Rez Bay (since the Tide Dancer is done for the season :wink:)

Hey...I know you :05: You're KK right?

Bill is trying to talk me into diving this weekend but I don't think I qualify as "experienced" when it comes to dry suit diving.

Those canister lights are attractive but expensive. Between training and next year's liveaboard I don't think a canister light that is over $500 is in the card's for the hubby.
You folks have some seriously expensive tastes!!!

Irene

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom