Summer Internships

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not consider doing advanced scuba training. Seems like that would be a good skills set for marine biologist. Doesnt pay much but it is reasonably affordable. A summer in the South Pacific, the Carribean etc. would be special.

What did THAT have to do with "Marine Biology Internship"?

*frown* :rolleyes:

DivemasterBIG once bubbled...
Why not consider doing advanced scuba training. Seems like that would be a good skills set for marine biologist. Doesnt pay much but it is reasonably affordable. A summer in the South Pacific, the Carribean etc. would be special.
:rolleyes:

My university actually had a summer abroad program for that. It was for any science student (although the bio peaps is who usually went) and was 2 months researching stuff in Bahamas (I think). Maybe your uni would have something like that or would know of a program you could join.

The University where I study, the University of Victoria, British Columbia, has a program you might be interested in. There is a diving research team that studies the Cloud Sponges off Senanus Island in the Sannich Inlet. Many of the sponges are tagged for research by this team, and I believe they dive it every weekend.

So, now the downside..... it's cold water diving! We have 45 degree water here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom