Sun Block! Changing Money!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've heard stories that "only" bio-degradable sun block is allowed in certain parks in Cozumel and that it is respectfully asked that you use it when you are in the ocean. Can someone give me a brand name or anything like that please?

Also is it better to change money (US DOllars) in Cozumel or in the US?

Didn't have any such restrictions when I visited a few years ago. That being said, I can not vouch that the rules haven't changed.

We have a number of members in Cozumel (on the SB) so they will know for sure. As for getting money changed. Don't bother. US $ is easily accepted by everyone, including taxis. You'll get your change back in Pesos.

HOpe this helps.

K

DrSteve,

The best way to get Pesos is to use your ATM card in Mexico---there was no charge for the service...We got the best Exchange rate. You can not get dollars out of the Mexican ATM unless you have an account with that Bank.

Use Pesos to pay as you get a lower value when you use your US dollar (10 pesos to 1 US Dollar) (The exchange rate was more like 11.45 pesos to 1 US Dollar) than when you pay in Pesos. Also some Credit cards charge extra fees when paying in another currency--not a good deal. We took a lot of ones and Fives US bill to use.

Have fun!
An AZ Diver

Azsilver is right....You will get bankers rates if you take money out of the ATM's here. I would not use dollars as the exchange rate is really great now...11.40 to 1 USD. Or you can exchange money at the many exchange houses here on the island. Unless you are exchanging large amounts, a few centavos wont matter. Yesterday it was 11.35 and fluctuates during the day...The best time is to get money in the morning. A better rate then....during the day it drops somewhat.

Dont worry about the lotion,....you can use 10w-40 and be ok.....

Back
Top Bottom