Sunglasses...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Understand your frustration with glasses. I've had my el cheapos for about 5 yrs now and can't seem to break or lose them. Jet I've been through oakleys, ray bans and maui jim's since. Can't say enough good things about the MJ's other than the price tag but they are worth it compared to the cmpetition I've worn.

I've got a pair of Optic Nerve wraparounds that I've had for over six years and they have weathered multiple dive/mountain bike/etc trips well. Durable frames, excellent lenses, and a good price - they were £35 (about $70!).

Mark

don't buy oakley m-frames if you have a wider face...the frames snapped on me and fought with the dealer for a long time to get money back.

I go through more sunglasses then I care to say. Ive bought glasses ranging from 10 - 200 dollars, and they all break, snap, smash and sink the same. If im not forgetting to take them off when I jump off the boat, or getting them crushed while sailing or biking they just seem to break. So i decided awhile ago that there was no point in buying expensive glasses and just buy the 6 or 7 pairs of 10 dollar ones a year, as I would rather pay 70 dollars a year for 7 pairs then 300 dollars and still have them break. I know that more expensive glasses have warrantees but by the time they are fix or you fight with them to fix/replace glasses its not really worth the time (IMHO). But hey thats just my two cents

I'm in the same boat as everyone else here, I go through sunglasses like they are disposable. Anyways I have tried Oakley, Maui Jims, Ray Ban, Bolle, and a few other and have currently move on to a nice pair of Rudy Projects (ekynox i think is the style).

Well they are by far the best glasses I have ever owned, I use them for everything, and I just can't seem to scratch them. They are about 2 years old now and they still look amazing, mind you that might be because i make an effort to set them down where they won' get hurt or put them away in the protective case.

Well that is my two cents worth

Steve

I wear prescription glasses, and therefore prescription sunglasses. No Oakley's for me, although I believe Maui Jim's glasses can all be prescriptioned. My last pair was Armani, however.

I have had my Revo's (H2O's) for about 5 years (see Avator/Profile pic) and I love them and would buy them again in a heartbeat. They are glass and hold up much better than any plastic lense ever will around saltwater. A bit heavier but I went through 3 pairs of plastic prescription lenses (not cheap either) before I realized they just don't cut it around saltwater. Maui Jim can put prescription lenses in their frames and can do glass upon request. Their glass lenses are ultra thin and offer more clarity than plastic lenses but are very pricy. The last quote I got was around 450 out the door not including eye exam. Plus I love the color through the blue mirrored lenses that Revo offers (personal prefference). I probably paid about 240 for them and like I said, I would walk in and purchase another pair without hessitation if I lost these. My croakies have a small float too just in case (see avator/profile pic)!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom