Sunken Pride--Otto Gasser

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

covediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
ISBN 987-1490568157. The fourth novel in the Bobby Wright series opens when "a black sea bass, one of California’s rarest ocean fish, is killed by two brothers who are illegally fishing in a marine preserve off Anacapa Island. They deliver the giant fish to their Dad’s local seafood restaurant where it is served up as fresh rockfish, just one of many tasty and interesting items the boys supply for the restaurant’s menu. But the poaching was observed by Shawna, the divemaster on Bobby Wright’s boat, which was anchored nearby. Outraged, Shawna reports the incident, and the wealthy restauranteur begins a bloody battle to cover up his sons’ indiscretions and protect the family’s good name." The war beteen the the protagonists and antagonists moves back and forth with each side gaining and losing advantage. But the war comes with a cost. The bodies begin to pile up like a Shakespeare tragedy, some of it excessive, which keeps it from earning that fifth star in my recommendation. The background of the novel reflects trends in Santa Barbara and California,such as establishing marine reserves, black sea bass comeback, medical marijuana. I am recommending this book with four out of five stars. Its entertaining and it moves along. It made me recall my first encounter with black sea bass a few years ago at Anacapa Island and the excitement that I felt when I first saw one after 20+ years of diving. The comeback was dramaticallybrought home when a few years ago my nephew got certified at Catalina and saw the fish on his first dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom