Sunken Trains in the US!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133

lost, even with a compass
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have seen several times here on SB where someone askes about a sunken train. I was looking for something else and ran across this web page. http://www.steamlocomotive.com/lists/USA.shtml
I was surprised to see where there are three sunk in the Wabash river at my home town. It was always rumored but now I believe it a bit more.

The chart is seperated by state and then gives more information. Look in the "status" column and look for "sunk". There is usually more info as to where, river, lake or what ever the case may be.

Would be pretty cool if someone would do a series of locating and diving all the sunk trains.

That's cool! Check out the Michigan list, the two at the bottom that are based out of White Pigeon, MI belong to my brother-in-law (#110) and his sons (#1). I got to be the fireman on #110 once just for fun.

My husband would love to dive some trains!
Ber :lilbunny:

There are two sunk off the coast of New Jersey that are from the 1800's. They apparantly fell off a ship during transit from the factory. (why they didn't use the rail lines to deliver them I have no clue).

There was a Deep Sea Dectives episode about them on the History Channel.

i'm a steam loco nut (i think the Niagaras are my favorite). too bad none of the
underwater ones are near me

H2Andy:
i'm a steam loco nut (i think the Niagaras are my favorite). too bad none of the
underwater ones are near me

My name is Ber Rabbit and I'm married to a railfan :wink:

My husband's favorite photo of me.

Ber, i love it!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom