Sunshine Suites Grand Cayman + Operators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You certainly can swim out to the wall from several shore sites including Sunset, Lighthouse, Cobalt and Turtle reef but the wall at these sites is not vertical and as impressive as it is on the north and west side sites. I think it is worthwhile to swim out to the wall from these shore dives ( in the daytime ) but in my opinion, does not replace the thrill of the north or east walls. I think billwilliamston's suggestion re potential shore based unguided wall diving at sunset is not for someone with 24 dives listed. The coral reef night diving at turtle reef, cobalt or sunset is a safer idea for divers with limited experience.

I've stayed at Discovery Point in the past and it is certainly comparable to Christoper Columbus.

Oops!!! Didn't see the 0-24 dives. A night wall dive from shore is definitely not a dive for someone who hasn't had at least a dozen or so dives with the same plan during the day. AYou are correct that the wall in town is not as vertical as it is out East, but when in Rome...

Have stayed there Sunshine Suites, many times.
Near beach, food store and bars/liquor store.
I dive with Casey, Neptune Divers, enjoy.

The key word in the last reply was "near".
Why stay near the water when you can stay right on the water for pretty much the same price if you do some hunting around?

The road between Sunshine Suites and the beach is a busy one.

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the suggestions you've given...based on what we've read it looks like we'll be visiting the CI this summer. But with this decision comes just one or two more questions.

1. We found a pretty good deal at Sunshine Suites (has anyone stayed there and could give thoughts?) but their dive packages are a little lackluster, and quite frankly to us, not worth its price. So we were looking to go with another operator in the area or who can do pick-ups. Any suggestions on who to check out? Smaller groups would be preferred for us.

2. Before we book, I was curious to ask if anyone has rented out a condo? I'm very new to all of this, so I am not sure what would be a better deal in terms of staying with a hotel property or a hotel. Can anyone recommend a nice condo/property?

Thanks!
Stayed there last year and had a fabulous time diving with Divers Down diversdown@diversdown.net
who offered a terrific dive package through Sunshine Suites! I would recommend them still. I stayed in a condo (7 mile Beach Resort) one year and it was just OK...dove with Treasure Island divers which was also just OK. Stayed at Sunset House with a group (my first dive trip) and had a good time but they are located very far from a lot of the boat dive sites that we visited (read long boat rides). Next week I've rented a condo that sleeps 7 at Coconut Bay and will be diving with Indepth Watersports as well as doing ALOT of shore diving off the Northwest Point area. For 6 it will cost $1040pp with a 9 passenger van for 6 days of two tank boat diving and unlimited shore diving from our condo!!!

with a 9 passenger van
In case you don't already know, the insurance from your credit card probably won't cover anything more than an 8 passenger vehicle. Your own auto policy might, but it would be a good idea to check.

Thanks for the heads-up but I already anticipated that problem. Whether Allstate auto or Allstate commercial will cover that vehicle. I'll be buying local insurance. Nonetheless, the trip will still pretty cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom