Supplier and servicing in Dubai / Middle East???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mouth047

New
Reaction score
Hi Apeks,

I'm considering purchasing my first reg and hear only good things about Apeks.

In Dubai, who is your main distributor and who can I contact for annual servicing?

Thx!!

Hi Mouth047,
I have forwarded your question to Apeks HQ in the U.K.
I'll get back to you shortly.

Below please find the details of the Apeks distributor in Dubai.
They should be able to help you.

Al Boom Diving
Villa 254, Corner Al Wasl Rd & 33rd St
(next to Iranian Embassy)
Jumeirah 1
Dubai, U.A.E.

Tel: 00971 4 3422993
Fax: 00971 4 3422995
Email: colin@alboomdiving.ae

Hi mouth047, I bought my Aqualung Legend regulator set at Al Boom Diving 6 months ago. At the time, they had a good range of Apeks and Aqualung regs in stock, so you should find a reasonable selection available (if you are still looking). They also offered a very good discount on the initial and follow-up purchases I have made there, making their prices almost as competitive as buying from an online retailer like LeisurePro or DiveInn Scube Store.

The only issue I found was that after they put it all together for me (reg, octopus, SPG), it started to leak air from one of the high pressure ports on the first stage within the first 2-3 dives As a result, one of the dive instructors on my then dive boat tightened it up and the problem seemed to go away. However, I immediately checked it out with an Aqualung authorised technician and found a damaged o-ring that was on the verge of splitting. I can only deduce that EITHER Al Boom may have possibly over-tightened the hose seal and damaged the o-ring OR they under-tightened it, and the dive instructor inadvertently damaged the o-ring himself.

Lesson learned: double and triple check brand new equipment before diving, especially where crucial seals are concerned!

As far as I know, Al Boom doesn't service Apeks, but that is done by Scuba Dubai. They are located close to Al Khail road. Take Al Khail road towards Sharjha, get off at the roundabout which goes to Mall of the Emirates. First street on the right, about 200 m further down the street is Scuba Dubai. If you come from Sheikh Zayed road: pass MoE and get on the same roundabout and drive back in the direction of MoE and take the same street on the right. Mail me if you need more detailed directions.

Nice store, excellent staff, wide range of materials, especially for the more tec oriented diver.

Back
Top Bottom