"Surface" the show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveG

Registered
Reaction score
ok just how unreal is it to convert a boiler to a diving bell add some portholes and go down 10,000ft.?

then to surface you have an external inflatable life raft. supossedly run by a compressor. wouldn't the compressor use all the air in the bell? and if compressed air was used at that depth would there be enough pressure to inflate it. and if it did inflate would it explode as it neared the surface, or would it have a PRV?\

what about DCS in such a devise. is the air in it pressurized( then DCS would apply) or is it at atmosphere and stopng enough to withstand the pressure from outside.???

They kinda screwed up Boyle's Law regarding the raft.

Movie law. Deal with it.

the K

You think that's bad, did you see the "decompression chamber" in the pilot? To enjoy fiction, you must be able to suspend disbelief for the duration of the show/book. When the story is so badly told it's impossible to suspend disbelief, you're wasting your time watching/reading. There's no point in watching this show.

Walter:
You think that's bad, did you see the "decompression chamber" in the pilot?

yeah... I thought that was a pretty bad blunder. The "decompression chamber" was a plastic oxygen tent.

. There's no point in watching this show.

You are correct. I'm surprised it hasn't been canceled yet. It's got very
poor writing and production. I had much higher hopes for it.

On the contrary, everything in that episode is possible. Just read our DIY thread, we're making everything (spring straps, DPV's, lights, housings, ... this is just the next progression).

Wonder if I can still get that hot water heater I saw at the dump ....:D

I don't know why they don't have a big budget for this show... They obviously saved a lot of money on the actors.

It is strange... I was "disappointed" after watching the first episode. Actually, I hadn't expected much to begin with. Despite that, I often have the show on in the background while I work on my computer. It continues to "disappoint."

It is as if they decided to try producing a series with very little research, minimal acting talent, and only wanted to maximize profit. Oh, that's right... the "bottom line" of business is just that, making profit.

However, if I had an opportunity to "partner" with a marine biologist like the female lead, I might think otherwise. She's attractive despite her lack of acting skill, a diver and a scientist. That's my bottom line!

Back
Top Bottom