Survival Floating-Need Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Assuming she has basic swimming skills, even an hour or two with a swim coach will make a HUGE difference.

I started taking swimming lessons a couple of weeks ago and in that short period of time, my swimming has improved dramatically.

I personally do not swim well, (never could get the hang of that breathing thing), I just never got to swim growing up. I could pass the swim requirements for my open water course and I am comfortable in the water.

I'm with the other people in the thread, have her see a swimming coach, if she already has at least basic skills, it's not a huge investment in time.

Thanks all for your help. I did suggest adult swimming lessons at the Y for her and I think she is coming to realize her limitations herself. At this point it is out of my hands and will be a matter for her and the instructor. I can think of several disastrous situations....losing a mask or a fin underwater comes to mind...but I will "butt out" for now.

~C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom