Suunto Cobra 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shark Bait!

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any experience with this console? I tried using the search function, but nothing really useful came up. How do you like its performance over the cobra 2, vyper 2/ air, does the 3D compass function as good as they say it does? I'm looking to upgrade from the geeko 2

Hi - I got one about two months ago. Once you figure out how to do the initial calibration (place the computer flat on a table, away from metal, and rotate it SLOWLY while holding it flat), the compass actually works pretty well and is tolerant of tilts. I like the nice big numbers on it, I like that MacDive now works with it for downloading (plus of course Suunto Dive Manger on Windows), I like that I can set it to 50% RGBM if I want to though I think I never will, and that I was already used to the Vyper so it was easy to learn. So I'm a happy camper!

You can download the manual from the Suunto web site if you want to look into the details some more.

I don't have a Cobra 3 but I do have the Vyper Air, the LDS says the only diff is hoseless vs hose air connection.

Coming from a Vyper 2 I am very happy with the improved compass. I really wish they'd update the Vyper 2's compass.

As I'm used to the interface from my Vyper 2 I am completely satisfied with my Vyper Air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom