Suunto D6i battery replacement Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubanomad

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to order the OEM Suunto Battery replacement kit (O-Ring and Battery) for the D6i? in the USA
While at it, also I would need the battery kit for the Transmitter.
There are a few on ebay but they are not OEM, hence I don't know if the o-ring is really the correct spec.
Thanks.

on a side note I was quoted 125 AUD for battery replacement service.... quite high I think. Have yet to find out what it all entails.

Quite high, yes. And about what I paid in USD to get my batteries replaced on the d6i and the transmitter.

That price for service sounds quite reasonable, for battery replacement and pressure test of both components here can run between 120-150 USD retail.

I have seen the batteries available on leisure pro but I do not remember seeing the o-rings for the D-series there, you might want to try wristopcomputer Intl: Online shopping for sports watches, dive computers, sailing and cycling wristop computers. I have seen them there in the past and believe they are Suunto OEM.

Also if your computer or transmitter is still under warranty you may void it by replacing them yourself.

thanks guys, I hope it was not misunderstood, thats 125AUD each for the D6i and Transmitter so a total of AUD 250. Here is some more info from the Authorized repair center when I asked what it all includes....I received the following reply:

Battery replacement service includes: general operational check(buttons, buzzer, back light, compass etc), replace battery, oring, cover screws, piezo contact tape(if its old version) then pressure test, dive test(check water contact, depth/temperature reading, ascend warning etc). Button and button oring will be replaced if necessary.
Suunto recommend this service every two years or after 200 dives whichever comes first, We do as a Suunto Authorized Service Center.

Given my D6i is almost approaching 2 years (but only 50 dives) the battery still shows "ok" when setting to dive mode. So I thought as a precaution on a upcoming dive trip to just stop by at a authorized service center and get it done, vs at home having to mail it.

That price for service sounds quite reasonable, for battery replacement and pressure test of both components here can run between 120-150 USD retail.

I have seen the batteries available on leisure pro but I do not remember seeing the o-rings for the D-series there, you might want to try wristopcomputer Intl: Online shopping for sports watches, dive computers, sailing and cycling wristop computers. I have seen them there in the past and believe they are Suunto OEM.

Also if your computer or transmitter is still under warranty you may void it by replacing them yourself.

If you're not under warranty and not afraid to do the job yourself, ebay is your friend:

Battery Kit for Suunto D9 D6I D4I Transmitter New | eBay

Battery Kit for Suunto D6 Dive Computer Tool New | eBay

And although I like my Suunto Vyper Air (alot), Suunto makes neither batteries nor "O" rings :D

thanks guys, I hope it was not misunderstood, thats 125AUD each for the D6i and Transmitter so a total of AUD 250.

Ouch! I thought 125 USD for the both was outrageous. But then again maybe I didn't pay ENOUGH for the transmitter replacement, because it doesn't work at all since the battery change.

Everyone note the lesson if you haven't learned it already: when buying a computer, you have to consider the total cost of maintenance.

thanks guys, I hope it was not misunderstood, thats 125AUD each for the D6i and Transmitter so a total of AUD 250. Here is some more info from the Authorized repair center when I asked what it all includes....I received the following reply:

Battery replacement service includes: general operational check(buttons, buzzer, back light, compass etc), replace battery, oring, cover screws, piezo contact tape(if its old version) then pressure test, dive test(check water contact, depth/temperature reading, ascend warning etc). Button and button oring will be replaced if necessary.
Suunto recommend this service every two years or after 200 dives whichever comes first, We do as a Suunto Authorized Service Center.

That is about 60 USD more than what shops including myself charge, as for the service depending on the amount of use some have to do it every 8-12 months like myself but I can get about 500-600 dives on the batteries before I get the low batt notice. Every 2 years is a good idea and of course you should always follow MFG recommendations.

Also so it may seem easy to change but I would still advise on having a authorized center do th service that way it can be pressure checked. I have the D9TX with transmiter and D4i's but do send them out for service. For the Suunto viper airs and zoops that I have I change the batteries myself as they are quite straight forward; but I am unable to pressure check them myself once finished but have not had any issues yet.

As mentioned Suunto does not make their own batteries or o-rings but just because you see something that says it will work on eBay may not actually work correctly. The o-rings may have different specs and operational conditions, also the batteries might be some cheap Chinese battery that only holds a charge for a short time then dies out.

I would still personally recommend sending the DCS out for service and make sure it is fon correctly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom