Suunto D6i Download Port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Easdem

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Guys,

By some mystery of luck, I happen to have 'banged' the metal cover of the download port on just the right spot and with just enough force to have bent the 12 oclock 'tooth' of the cover for the cable download notch. It is attached to the watch case with some screws, but I don't know if removing that piece to try to bend it back will compromise the water tightness of the unit.

If I were able to remove it, and not be able to fix it, how do I get a replacement? I can post pictures later if needed. The computer is still under its 1st year warranty BTW.

Thanks,

Easdem

Easdem,

Yes, by trying to correct the issue by yourself you will definitely compromise the integrity of the computer. I would highly recommend that you send your computer to an authorized service center, so that the issue can be properly addressed. I have attached a link to locate your nearest authorized service center. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Suunto Dealer Locator

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom