Suunto D9 discontinued

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a Stinger,I use it for impressing the chicks :) Would I ever consider the D9? Never. The Stinger puts itself into deco far too soon. It's a nice toy for a trip since it has an alarm clock so...one less item to pack :wink:.

My Stinger usually sits in it's cradle. I got a good deal on it, but would never consider another of its type. The D9 is overkill IMOP and too expensive.

Ron

Well, being a D9 and Nitek he owner I can tell you it was expensive for what you get. My reasoning behind the purchase was to get as streamlined as possible with my travel kit. It's extremely small, air intergrated, full deco, 3 gas switching and downloadable. They can have the compass feature, it's only useful if you get lost driving.

Now it serves as a redundant spg, bottom timer and timepiece while tech diving. I will be using mine for years to come. Now if I could just quit diving for a long enough time to get the warranty upgrade done I'd be set. If you're looking for a deal on D9's call divetank, I believe he still has some used ones in stock. Don't be afraid of buying a great piece of dive gear just because it's expensive. Computer envy is a wonderful thing!:D

Besides, it's fun to watch the faces of other divers when I pull my reg out of my bag and it only has 2 hoses on it.

Meister481:
Besides, it's fun to watch the faces of other divers when I pull my reg out of my bag and it only has 2 hoses on it.
I'm not you'd get the desired reaction out of me. :wink:
So uh...what ARE those two hoses? Either you only have one second stage, or you don't have a low pressure inflator hose.

SparticleBrane:
So uh...what ARE those two hoses? Either you only have one second stage, or you don't have a low pressure inflator hose.

If you use and Air2-type setup and a transmitter/hoseless computer, then you only have your primary second stage and your inflator/Air2-type hose on your first stage. This is more than likely what he is referring to, unless he doesn't use an Air2 or an octo.

Yes, I have an oceanic XS2 octo/inflator and am air integrated to my d9. Nice and sleek for warm water high vis diving. I practice with this setup and even took my rescue class in it. It keeps you cozy with your buddy when sharing air, but I kinda like my buddy!

Meister481:

SparticleBrane:

That was my thought as well. No reaction. All of our regs only have two hoses on them. But then again it is fun to watch the faces of other divers when I hook up two regs.

I knew that it meant he is uses an Inflator/Octo along with the wireless trans so one hose for the primary and one for the LP Inflator/Octo

BTW I looked very hard at the D6/D9 - I thought it a poor offering of a compass with a PITA interface. The normal Suunto dive computers with a spg/compass are better.

Hmm...he must have hose envy. I have 4. :wink:

Ron Brandt:
I own a Stinger,I use it for impressing the chicks :) Would I ever consider the D9? Never. The Stinger puts itself into deco far too soon. It's a nice toy for a trip since it has an alarm clock so...one less item to pack :wink:.

My Stinger usually sits in it's cradle. I got a good deal on it, but would never consider another of its type. The D9 is overkill IMOP and too expensive.

Ron

Besides which, Ronnie needs a compass with
Big Numbers!

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom