SUUNTO : maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm not sure if anyone from Suunto is here.
But you guys might answer the simple question : I have a Vyper. When and what type of the maintenace does it need ?
// i can't rtfm at the moment. Sorry.:shakehead

maybe this topic belongs to a different section of the site ?

I use Suuntos but all I ever do is soak them in fresh water. What is the problem with your Viper?

Nobody around here from Suunto I'm afraid, Al is the distributer and they also stay away...

However the manual has the maintenace in it.

Generally a very good long soak in fresh water after diving, allow to dry and store in a cool dry location. It's not a bad idea to always compare your depth to others you dive with, if you see you are off by more than a foot or two send them in for calibration.
Don't spray with silicone or any other cleaning or "shiny" product.

no problem as far as i can see.
It's just that i have dataplus2 and i do think that it would be a good idea to send it for check-up / maintenance to the factory , cause i haven't replaced battery for about 3 years.
same with suunto.
I read that i might want to change the battery, but i should use some specific rings to do . So i thought, why not to send it to the manuf. for 'full" check-up.
Based on what you are saying - "don't touch it, if it works" principl applies here :)
So i'll change the battery then.
thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom