Suunto SK7 + dss mount, how does it work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shamufish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, so if you look at this: Deep Sea Supply SK7 Mount by Deep Sea Supply DSS

You'll see that what's needed to use the dss mount is the capsule and the ring.

So can I just buy these two rather than the wrist mounted version of the compass? I never plan to use the wrist mount, only the dss with bungee.

How did you guys set yours up?

Thank you

If you can find a dealer who sells the DSS mount combined with the just the compass module, you are set. Otherwise, you buy the cheapest wrist mount SK7 you can find and the DSS mount separately and then pry the SK7 out of the wrist mount and install in the DSS mount. It's really pretty easy to get the compass out of the rubber wrist mount.

For me, I bought the SK7 wrist mount from Leisure Pro and the DSS mount locally. I couldn't find anyplace that would just sell the compass module at that time. So my total was actually a little more than what the Dive Gear Express now sells the combo for. Hopefully you can find something similar across the pond :)

John

Mine worked great for a while and then it started spinning in the mount when I adjust the bezel for the setting. It still works but I have to be very careful when I try to rotate the bezel.

Mine worked great for a while and then it started spinning in the mount when I adjust the bezel for the setting. It still works but I have to be very careful when I try to rotate the bezel.

You need to clean and lube the friction ring and bezel. Remove the bezel and friction ring and spray some silicone lube into the underside and "work" it around. Repeat a few times. The bezel should turn pretty freely. Sand and grit get into the friction ring and bezels can get pretty stiff.

Wash the extra lube off the legs of the friction ring before you reinstall it.

Tobin

As always, excellent advice. Thanks, Tobin.

I had the same problem this cured it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom