Suunto Vyper Air won't download

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malpaso

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Vyper Air won't download today, the screen keeps cycling between "data transfer" and "TIME". It worked fine on the 9th. Battery is fine.

Is the connector fully dry?
Yes, I spent a while on it thinking it wasn't making a connection. I'm pretty sure it's the internal software/firmware, not the connection (or the download software) as my laptop makes the obligatory sound when I plug and unplug the USB cable.

Hi,
Moveslink and Garmin drivers may interfere the connection. Have you installed those recently? Moveslink merely needs to be deactivated, Garmin drivers should be deleted though. We're checking on solution but atm this may cause this kind of issue. If not I'd recommend some cross-checking, e.g. with a dive buddy's cable to rule this out for good... let me know

br Hendrik

I have not installed any software. As I mentioned above, there was no issue last weekend, so this happened very quickly. I will see if my LDS where I bought the Vyper will let me try a USB cable. I really hope I don't have to spend another $70 on a new USB cable.

Tried a cable from a Cobra (which is slightly different) and it downloaded. What is the warranty on the cable, mine was purchased in July 2013.

The software worked in DM 4 and stopped after the update. I suggest you fix the problem on your end and not try to shift the blame towards other software. I for example need the garmin drivers installed since I use the GPS system.

Hi,
I apologize for the late reply.

regarding the cable: if purchased with the device it should go under the 2y warranty. Separately purchased it's 1y...
As for the Garmin drivers: Of course we're tackling this from our end. This was meant to be a quick fix in case they are not needed anyway...

br Hendrik

regarding the cable: if purchased with the device it should go under the 2y warranty. Separately purchased it's 1y

Thank you very much for that information. Should I go through the dive shop I bought it from for replacement, or direct to Suunto?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom