Swamper Campout April 23-25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since I'm a relative newbie to diving, what wetsuit/drysuit is needed to dive in the expected water conditions? I've only got a shorty and I'm pretty sure that won't be enough for this upcoming weekend. How often do y'all have camp outs?

If diving a wet suit, I would suggest nothing less than a 5 mil with hood and gloves this time of year. That's what I dive and I stay pretty warm. I've never used a dry suit but many do at Travis. That would certainly be warmer than the 5 mil.

If you need to borrow a 5 mil for the swamper weekend, let me know. I have a two piece 5 mil with 2 mil sleeveless vest and attached hood I'd be happy to bring to lend out. It's an XL and will fit someone approx 5'9".

We could always put a blindfold on you, and you'd think you were diving DEEP and DARK :)

I already think I'm deep and dark and most people tell me the same thing.

Although the Scarf Bondage Thing with the blindfold might be a trip :eyebrow:

I've been in a 5mm w/3mm hooded vest and have been toasty, but I've only been in the shallows. Oldschool's setup sounds just about perfect if it would fit.

Wow the lake really is up !!
But I hear that the visibility is improving ~~~~ :shakehead:
now that is a real shame.
What's a guy to do?
I guess we can't have everything can we? :idk:

Frank, I'd swear that you'd complain if someone hung you with a gold rope!! :D

Frank,

Come out on Giant Stride and I will put you on a site that you will enjoy, deep, dark, and interesting. Don't leave Scubashawn hanging alone on the boat.

Robert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom