Sweamer Monofins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDAfreediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I am a avid swimmer and looking to purchase some monofins to assist in my free diving practise and I want to know if anyone has tried any type of monofins and with or without success...

I really want to know about this certain brand as well: Monofins | Monofin

If anyone has any suggestions would be helpful

thank you!

Hello! I have had a few different kinds of monofins all my life. I LOVE them! I was actually in the market for an upgrade this month and was actually searching (almost desperately) for a good website when I stumbled upon the Sweammer French monofin and boy did I get excited! I started off when I was a little kid with the FINIS wave mono and quickly grew out of it not by foot size but by swimming ability. I don't know if it had to do with factors like being a child, (now knowing children tend to "pick things up" more quickly than adults), growing up the way I did in the water all the time or what but I could just feel the potential I had to go even faster than this flexible little thing would let me. To me, it's just like learning how to ride a bike or even how to kick with your regular fins once you learn the movement its easy and makes your adventure and so much more fun. I was later graciously upgraded to FINIS competitor mono which with just one flick of the tail I was out of sight, once I got used to it of course. I loved that it was more rigid like it was snapping me through the water, but it did take me a minute to adjust. A couple of comparisons to consider between the two:
heel straps #1 reason I am so excited to find a Sweammer I prefer the option to "click down" my heels if I forget my socks one day also they are much easier to replace than the whole foot box.
Sharp edges/ rigidity - I once dropped my FINIS competitor fin getting out of the water, and it sliced my toe open so bad I almost needed stitches (just saying think what you could do to the reef if you were to accidentally graze it with a sharp piece of fiberglass and whatnot)
I would be more than willing to bet that this french monofin you are asking about and I am so stoked to learn of its existence, is the next new thing. If it performs the way it claims to in the water, I think it could be the perfect practice and free ocean swimming fin so far! I will be glad to let you know when I find out how to get a hold of one, I hope you will do the same.
Thanks
RP

Back
Top Bottom