Swimming Record with Force Fin Pros

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blair Mott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Bob brought to my attention Jens Hilbert's swimming record and I would like to share it with the scubaboard members and guests. Unlike Neal Watson's remarkable record of 66 miles traveled, this record was based on time, distance and speed.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jens Hilbert reclaimed the long distance underwater swimming record in Bremen, Germany by traveling a staggering 34 miles (over 55 km!) in less than 24 hours.
Hilbert chose FORCE FINS because they are so efficient. Wearing FORCE FINS you can sustain a consistent kick for extended periods of time with less fatigue and cramping than if other fins are worn.
[/FONT]

His time and distance is equivalent to swimming 1 3/4 miles per hour for 19 miles.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In addition to FORCE FINS, a special Poseidon regulator was used that moistened the air entering his lungs, and Hilbert designed a low drag tank carrier to increase his efficiency.[/FONT]

See some of the video footage YouTube - Long Distance Underwater Swimming Record

Actually it is just as I stated - I think I should have stated over 19 miles
Jens Hilbert Testimonial

This comes directly from the Force Fin website which I was asked to use as a fact check!
Hilbert began his swim on October 15, 1994 at 10:00 am and attained his goal of 55 km (approximately 34 miles) on October 16, 1994, at 9:21 am, after kicking for 19.36 hours of real diving time. He took 4 hours and 24 minutes of total rest periods. Equivalent to swimming about 1-3/4 miles per hour for over 19 miles!

I thought you and Bob would have read the link already, but thanks for checking!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom