Swivel attachment for my octo??? ever use them

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OmniSwivel 1st Stage LP Pivot Swivel w/ Built-in 1/4" standoff

I use OmniSwivel's on my primary and secondary for both recreational and technical diving. Love them. I would suggest that you don't skimp and buy the cheaper versions of the OmniSwivel. Side-by-side comparisons really tell you a lot about what is, and what isn't quality.

craracer, have you tried using the OmniSwivel 1st Stage Low Pressure Pivot Swivel w/ built-in 1/4" standoff (extension)? If so, how was it? Because this one has a safety lock.
OmniSwivel-LPpivot_swivel-standoff.jpg

seal

Sorry, I haven't and I don't know anyone who does. :depressed: The tech people around here only use the primary/secondary setup.

Sorry, I haven't and I don't know anyone who does. :depressed: The tech people around here only use the primary/secondary setup.

Ok, thanks craracer..
Anyway, I'll just do some setup experiment with it, and see if it works a lot good. My reason for this usage is, the primary 2nd stage hose routes vertical down directly from the 1st stage then up to my 2nd stage regulator using the 90 degree right angle adapter.

seal

Will it pivot enough to prevent straining/kinking the hose should you need to donate?

Will it pivot enough to prevent straining/kinking the hose should you need to donate?

It won't be use for donating, only for primary use. It's going to be a multi-purpose setup. "Underarm" if 2nd stage right side configuration, or hose over the shoulder down to the abdomen if left side configuration (for H-Valve single tank purposes). So the pivot swivel will do its task. I just want to play something of a set-ups, maybe I might discover a kind of hose arrangement that would really make me comfortable while maintaining streamlined. I have all the accessories by now, just need to install it as soon as I resume diving.

seal

Hay// thanks for the help guys... I ordered in the swivels and they arrived today... so at the ens of the week (after my OW students are done) they are going on...

Ill keep you posted on my finding . The water temp here is about 41ish, so if they stand up to the cold Ill give them the OK!!!

KT

What brand did you get?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom