swollen eyelid, jaw discomfort & pain above eyebrow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgasa

Reaction score
made 3 dives on wed.all between 85-105 fsw.after last dive right eyelid appeared swollen with headache pain above eye pain behind eye and mild tooth jaw pain.today eyelid is very puffy and slight pain behind eye.ears still clear ok.please help thank you!

wgasa,

See the dentist. While not a common area of referral of dental pain, an infected tooth can give those symptoms and they can become very serious.

The upper molar area is a more likely source but you referred to "jaw" pain and many patients use the term jaw to mean the lower jaw.

Frontal sinus congestion or infection can also create a similar problem. I'll let the other docs give you their input.

I'm betting on the tooth.

Laurence Stein DDS
:doctor:

Disclaimer
(No representations are made that in any way offer a diagnosis, treatment or cure for any illness or condition, either discussed or implied. Answers to questions are offered as information only and should always be used in conjunction with advice from your personal diving physician/dentist. I take no responsibility for any conceivable consequence, which might be related to any visit to this site.)

Wgasa,
You could have blown out one of your sinuses. Does your eye hurt to move it or do you see double?
Lloyd

I'm having chest pains, my left arm hurts and I'm sweating like a madman.....someone help me.

DUDE! go to a freakin' doctor!

Yep!!!

Good advice norcaldiver.
wgasa,
If your eye or upperjaw under your eye hurts, see an eye doc first. If your lower jaw hurts, see a tooth doc. Or at least see your family doc. I was trying to ask some questions to figure out who to send you to first, but you do need to see someone.
Lloyd

Back
Top Bottom