T2i Funtion change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xkey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all
Ive recently just bought a t2i with sea and sea rdx 550d housing and YS110a strobe.:D
i have magic lantern installed over the standard firmware.

My question is.... Is there a way around the limitations of the housing stopping you from switching from Manual photo to video while underwater or any other mode :depressed:

Thanks for any help

Xkey

Hi Xkey
I did some tests tonight and found the following.
The mode dial on the camera cannot turn 360 degrees so to toggle between Manual and Movie mode you have to turn the dial in the correct direction and back again - this is not a problem for the RDX housing as its mode dial can turn 360 degrees - all you need is some practice to know which direction to turn it when you are in a certain mode. The live view and shutter buttons can be used to start/stop movie and get focus as it would without the housing so I cannot think of anything that would prevent you from making movies and taking photos on the same dive.
I have had my RDX550 housing for a year now and the only thing that I found so far that it cannot do is pop up the flash so make sure you take a test shot each time after closing the housing.

I was stumped with the same question. The mode selector is on the back of the housing(not the power switch where your brain says it should be) It is the small dial. As it is a friction selector, I find I need to push it in slightly before turning it to ensure it grips on the dial. The first few times I tried, it did nothing and I could not figure out how to switch to video mode.

Hi all
Ive recently just bought a t2i with sea and sea rdx 550d housing and YS110a strobe.:D
i have magic lantern installed over the standard firmware.

My question is.... Is there a way around the limitations of the housing stopping you from switching from Manual photo to video while underwater or any other mode :depressed:

Thanks for any help

Xkey

Back
Top Bottom