T2X difference from earlier models

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bractime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
One change I have noticed between the T2X and earlier models of the Titanium line is the change of the HP seat retainer to Monel. It seems like this would have no effect on the use of Nitrox, it seem like the O-ring in the body of the regulator seals this part from having any contact with the HP gas. Am I missing something and can you explain why this change was made? When Atomic does an upgrade of an earlier model to a T2X is this a part that is replaced? Thanks.

Hi Bractime.....These design revisions were required to handle the compatibility with nitrox. And yes, we do replaced the seat retainer when an an earlier T model has come in for the upgrade. Thank you bractime.

Atomic Aquatics

I think the titanium to monel HP seat retainer and the o-ring were the only parts that were replaced when I upgraded my T2 to a T2x. That and a new stage 2 cover reflecting the reg as a "T2x" model.

I was kind of surprised that was all there was to it.

I did the upgrade so there wouldn't be any issues with nixtrox dedication--not that I actually dedicated the reg after using nitrox anyway, ahem.

Funny thing, I never saw anything on the AA website or at my LDS about T2x upgrade kits. I learned about them here on ScubaBoard in the Equipment forum and called AA to confirm.

Then I dropped off my reg at my LDS. They called AA with the serial number as kits varied depending on when the reg was manufactured. My reg at that time was about two years old, I think, give or take a year.

Last edited:
To my knowledge and depending on the model there are 4 parts that get swapped out to be monel; piston, HP seat retainer, swivel retainer, and the yoke nut.

Back
Top Bottom