Taca Airlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agwatts

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm leaving in a few hours and want to know about securing my dive bag. I have a rolling dive bag that I will pack all of my gear into, with the exception of my reg/computer, etc..

Can I secure the bag openings with zip ties and check the bag?

Greg:D

Just got back from Honduras a few weeks ago flying TACA. We had dive gear and didn't even put a zip tie on the bag. Everything went thru and back without incident, nor did we loose anything. Have fun.

Good Diving/Hunting,

Thanks Capt.

I just never clean my bag so it looks crapy. that way, the next guy's bag will look better than mine :)

I do carry on my regs. that is the most important piece of gear I own. that way if something happens I can still dive.

hopefully you are planning on showing up early and taking your patients with you...

I always check everything.

Put three separate laminated (Kinkos) tags on the bag, tie them on with a loop of waxed string (Mallwart craft section).

On these xeroxed tags have the dates of travel, your flight numbers, airport codes and the name and phone number of your final destination. Same for the return trip.

If a bag tag gets ripped off in handling, they got to get a supervisor to open your bag and look for that piece of paper you were told to put inside. Your plane is long gone.

This way, if they see any one of the three tags, you're back in business. For Roatan, we always print RTB in large letters on the tags.

A few Roatan resorts have very easy to spot flourescent tags. The baggage handlers know them pretty well.

Hasn't missed yet, 40 trips to Roatan alone.

I did the same as roatan man. make sure it indicates your return dates/destination. you don't want your bags to go back to your resort if they get lost on the trip home. You just might have to go back and get them! :)

make sure it indicates your return dates/destination.

Make a second set for the return leg, change them out while you're in paradise.

My dad used to fly with them a lot with the (US) Army... Take A Chance Airline:mooner: never lost any of his bags

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom