Tahiti Agressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

happybuddha

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing the Tahiti Agressor next year, has anyone done the Agressor in Tahiti?

What's the diving like in Tahiti? From my reading it seems to be a lot of drift diving with big critters.

Thanks for any info.

Drew

Diving in Tahiti is primarily hard corals with plenty of sharks, rays, and mantas with the occasional group of dolphins. Don't expect soft corals as they are at a minimum there.

Aggressor Tahiti is big on drift dives through passes into the lagoons of the atolls they visit. This also involves "hooking in" as they like to stop the drift and watch some of the marine life as it travels with the current. They also do some corner drifts. On a typical trip you will dive the atolls of Rangiroa, Fakarava, and To'au. Vis is usually very good and water is warm, but weather can sometimes be an issue...depends on time of year.

I'd make the trip for at least 2 weeks. One on the Aggressor and one for other high islands before, or after, the liveaboard. Bora, Mo'orea, Huahine, and Tahiti all have land based operations that can provide additional opportunities to dive.

hope that helps
12v

I think voltman has it covered ! I was on the Aggressor last month - had a blast !

If you decide to do a week in Moorea I recommend diving with Moorea Blue Diving - they were excellent

I would definately choose the liveaboard if I had the chance. My husband and I travelled around French Polynesia for over 30 days in September. One regret we have is that we did not do the liveaboard. By the time we booked our trip, the Aggressor was sold out : (

If you don't speak french I would definately stick to the more popular islands like Bora Bora, Moorea and Tahiti to round out the rest of your trip.

I just got back from a week on the Tahiti Aggressor. I thought Tahiti was "better" than Palau. That was my 8th liveaboard (20th dive trip) and I'd say it was second only to Galapagos. Definitely do Tahiti on a Liveaboard (actually I'd say that for almost anywhere). I wish the Aggressor offered 10-day trips there. One week was too short. Spent another week on Rangiora. Fun, but the land-based ops were not as good or convenient as the Aggressor.

Drew,

I'm going next week, I'll let you know!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom