Tahiti recommendations: Rangiroa or Fakarava

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike V.: you are absolutely right. Wrasse Hole is the name that the Aggressor crew used for that area in the northern pass, altho the rationale behind "wrasse" eludes me.

:D :D

But its sounds much more entertaining if you say it quickly...

We lived on a boat for a long time and small things amused us :D

I did a couple dives with them(Te ava nui)... and really liked them alot.
Would dive with them again before I would dive again with topdive on Fakarava.

Last edited:
I just read the webpage of Topdive and I found that they are using a speedboat for diving instead of RIB/ inflatables, is that true?
It is quite important for me as I can't imagine how my wife (which is also my buddy) can get into a inflatable without a ladder after diving. :shocked2:

I know for sure that Serge (Fakarava Diving Center) has a ladder on his boat, and I'm pretty sure that Te Ava Nui also has a ladder on their inflatables.

2 years ago topdive (as i believe everyone else) used rib's on rangiroa. The captain & dm helped pull you back into the boat. I think my gf still has the marks on her arms :) On Bora Bora they had very nice boats with ladders. You back rolled off, and back on via ladder.

They're still using a RIB on Rangiroa. We doffed gear in the water, and then the boatman helped us back on. I didn't think it was that difficult (but I couldn't have gotten back on a RIB with that big a pontoon without assistance, either).

Question for all regarding RIB's -- why not put a small rope ladder down so that you have a "step" from which to push yourself back onto the boat?

-----

TSandM -- Red Sea or Tuamotos?

Ditto, on Rangiroa and being pulled back into the boat. We were in pretty rough water and the driver pulled me back in entirely on his own.....Manu was his name. To say the least, I can still feel his hand print on my wetsuited derriere! I was laughing so hard in the welldeck of the boat I could hardly breathe!

Book your trip with air tahiti,with the hotel Maitai dream.
We dove with Top dive ,we have hard time to contact the guy at the hotel.
Fakarava part of a biosphere reserve : no fishing,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom