Tahiti Trip - The Final Episode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While we did our stop at the White Valley

However, this is where the fun started! ......

There were perhaps 15 or 20 of them and the biggest were at least 6 or 7ft long.

And some were pretty bulky!!!!

Loved reading your recap.....like Scott said, it brought back a flood of memories!!! You are an exceptional story teller! :nod:
But oh dear - poor Suzie! Between the ear, the squirts and the sunburn.....I don't think she wants to return to Bora Bora anytime soon!

Scott and I are now really excited about *maybe* a trip in 2004....we are definitely mulling it over and hope to join you at least on a few of your stops! Oh the damage we could do! :wink:

OH!!! What's up with this????
Scuba Jim once bubbled....
Having been married for 6 years with 2 children we avoided what all the honeymooners were up to, but we could feel the earth shaking under Scott & Robin’s overwater bungalow half way round the island!

SCOTT!!!!!!!! You told me no one would find out!!!! :nono:

Hahahaha! Anyways - without getting too sappy (nothing like a sappy American!) - it truly was fantastic to meet you and Suzie! It was a shame we couldn't spend more time with you - but we did enjoy those couple of days together!

And Scott was right -Sorry I missed you yesterday! Damn shopping!

OK - gotta run.....

Buh-bye! :wavey:

--Robin

First Mate once bubbled...
HONEY!!! Can we go back to Tahiti with Jim and Suzie in 2004???? Can we? Pleeeeeeeeeeaseeee?!?!?!?

My biggest regret is that I didn't have a chance to be in FP when you guys were all there. With that said....We will be there in 4 days for 2 weeks, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Robin...if Scott won't take you back I'm sure that Jim would take you along just to keep his stories straight! I'm not sure where the line between reality and fantasy is.

Actually we should all try to meet somewhere next year. (maybe Palau or Fiji?)

Steve......That would be pretty neat!!!!

But .... we'll have to see.......we are really thinking about going back to the south pacific and Manihi and maybe follow Jim up to the Marquesas ....but who knows!!!!!

Right know It looks like we are headed to Saba in the very early spring of 2003 ..... I think when you guys are headed to Cayman.... other than that I dont know how much traveling we will do ...... Back to the South Pacific ... We met alot of people regardless .... as we had something in common i.e. we were from the states... and everyone is super friendly......

Steve.... I need you to get me a picture of my picture!!!!! :D .... When you get to Manihi more specific the Dive shop.....Thierry should be creating a "Manta Wall". On this wall (inside the shop) he has (or is suppose to have) a picture or two of mine showing the underside of a Manta or two.....One of them should be called "Finesse" discovered by Scott and Robin ...... If you can ..... get a picture of that wall for us ... When we were there he only had one on the wall (Thierry's Manta) and "Finesse" was to be the second !!!!

Hope all is good ..... you guys must be getting really wound up about now!!!!

Scott

Finesse once bubbled...

Steve.... I need you to get me a picture of my picture!!!!! :D .... When you get to Manihi more specific the Dive shop.....Thierry should be creating a "Manta Wall". On this wall (inside the shop) he has (or is suppose to have) a picture or two of mine showing the underside of a Manta or two.....One of them should be called "Finesse" discovered by Scott and Robin ...... If you can ..... get a picture of that wall for us ... When we were there he only had one on the wall (Thierry's Manta) and "Finesse" was to be the second !!!!

Hope all is good ..... you guys must be getting really wound up about now!!!!

Scott

I'll be sure to get the shot for you.....

As far as a trip for the spring, we may not be able to do Cayman. It looks like I may be tied up with some wine producers that will be traveling here from Europe. I'll have a better idea in January. Anyway, maybe we can meet you guys somewhere else. (Saba???) We got Jim's brochure in the mail the other day, with all of our stuff for the trip to FP. Looks like we may have to try and chase him somewhere too! Maybe in reality he's the pied piper.

Yes, we are just about to go insane waiting for Friday to arrive. Just a few more days and we're out of here. Have a great Thanksgiving and we'll chat on our return.

Steve

If we dont talk......Have a great time!!!!!! I know you will......

Give Thierry and Loic our best !!!!! and our regards to Laurence Baes (she is the GM that made sure everything was just right for us) and we cannot forget Jean Marc......he's a waiter (shaved head) and he put a smile on our faces every time we saw him!!!!

Oh yea .... watch out for the Pearl Lady......(that will cost you!!!!! ) But shes got some of the nicest stuff and great prices

Bora Bora.....Give our best to the crew at Blue Nui Wendy, Gilles, Medi, Patrice and Frank!!!! And tell Wendy that we have not forgotten them….and will write …we promise!!!

Cant wait to see some great pics and hear of your adventure!!!!

Safe trip to Allison and yourself!!!!

Scott

Steve, have a safe journey to FP and a great time. Any problems, I will be in hiding in Afghanistan!!! :)

I know I can't make any trip for 2003 as I am booked up for trips. I have as yet nothing planned for 2004, though I am seriously interested in going back to FP and doing the places I have yet to see. I am also interested in returning to Fiji as I have not been there for over 10 years, and there are a coouple of resorts I am interested in seeing, plus I'm gonna try and wangle a freebie off Aggressor!!!! :bonk:

I may do Fiji in 2005, if we're all still alive by then!

And when you are next over in Europe come and see us, and I'll show you that English wine is better than you expected it to be! Our beer is also the best in the world as it is warm and flat, so doesn't give you wind (a problem that Scott has, but don't tell him I said so!), but does get your drunk much quicker!

Robin, I would be more than happy for you to come along as my baggage handler! In fact there is also a very nice girl called Marion who was on the Tahiti Aggressor who LOVES the Marquesas who also wants to come along. So with you, her and Suzie along for the ride I'll be like some dude with all ma *****es in tow!

Scott, you can stay at home and work!! Yeeeeeehaaaaaa! :wink:

Have a wonderful time in FP.....I am *so* jealous of you!!! Knowing what we know now - I would kill for that trip again!!! Just like Scott said - everyone there is amazing - and don't listen to Scott.....you need to visit the pearl lady in Manihi!!! :) Give our best to everyone - and have a safe and wonderful trip!!!

Now Jim.....why I don't mind being one of 3 fair maidens to carry your luggage! Will work for dives! :mean:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Steve,

When in Manihi please say hi to Thierry from David and Sian, and say we are sorry that we didn't get a chance to say goodbye when we left in September. He was certainly the best dive guide we had in FP, and importantly he WAS happy for us to do our own thing once he'd done a couple a dives with us!

Try not to laugh when the "maid" comes round, and don't be surprised if the barman minces a bit when he gets you your lovely pink cocktails!

Jim,

I have several (even if I say so myself) fairly good quality pics of the resort if you're interested for your site? let me know if I can help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom