Take action: Tell Dr. Lark she ought to leave deep-sea sharks alone.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wahlaoeh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ignorance is bliss but Knowleadge is POWER!!

Will you take action and SAVE OUR OCEANS now? Don't wait till it's too late!!!

Take Action | Oceana

Thank you.

Happy bubbles,
Jovin-

Consider it done (because it is).

These are your typical non-FDA regulated creams and supplements. I doubt there's any shark in them at all. Placebos don't need expensive ingredients.

These are your typical non-FDA regulated creams and supplements. I doubt there's any shark in them at all. Placebos don't need expensive ingredients.

DrLark.com: Squalane
Extracted from her website:
The skin care secret from the sea
While Squalane is found in your skin, it's also found in nature—especially in shark liver oil. In fact, the very best source comes from deep-sea Centrophorus sharks that live in the clean, non-polluted waters of Tasmania.
The very best company that gets their Squalane from these deep-water sharks is Ocean Actives. Their product contains 100% pure deep-water squalane.

And some info. on Squalane: Squalene Oil. Another source of Squalene is olive oil

I wasn't suggesting not signing. I was just suggesting that its common for makers of such non-regulated items to omit the actual active ingredients for their.... miracle creams and pills.

I came to the scuba forum looking for information on the affects of shark supplements on sharks and maybe I came to the right place?

I do not see any reason to use shark 'squalene' for the skin. There are plenty of other ingredients for that such as split-molecule hyaluronic acid in Skin Glow by Nutricology.

However I do suggest shark oil for alkylglycerol content to promote white blood cell production. I would be glad to know if there is a non-shark alternative.

I will be posting a comprehensive discussion about shark supplements separately.

Back
Top Bottom