Take our wetsuit survey and enter drawing for a Fourth Element wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Done.

Done...now PLEASE do not spam me or I will quickly grow to dislike your company.
The only reason anybody pays you for your email address is to spam you. And a lottery ticket with a wetsuit as the jackpot isn't enough pay to get me to lower my spam barrier. Which means you have a slightly better chance of winning.:D. Based on the website, though, I do like those wetsuits.

northern sole:
Give me a back zip everytime, just find it so easy to get off unlike the front loaders which sometimes reqire your buddy's help.

It is true that back zip wet suits are slightly easier to take off. It is also true that back zip wet suits can be impossible to get zipped up without help. The zipper comes up so far then gets stuck. You can't reach it, you can't see it. You have to have a buddy fix it and zip it up. With a front zipper, I can put it on and take it off with no help at all. Suits with front zippers are slightly more difficult to take off, but infinitely easier to get on.

It is true that back zip wet suits are slightly easier to take off. It is also true that back zip wet suits can be impossible to get zipped up without help. The zipper comes up so far then gets stuck. You can't reach it, you can't see it. You have to have a buddy fix it and zip it up. With a front zipper, I can put it on and take it off with no help at all. Suits with front zippers are slightly more difficult to take off, but infinitely easier to get on.

Usually when my back zipper hangs up, I just reach around with the other hand and hold the bottom of the zipper. My biggest problem with the back zipper is that alot of times when I zip it up myself it painfully removes hairs from my back, while a front zip I can hold out away from the hair. I suffer.

Must be a slow (and hairy) night in Lower Alabama!

I used to be able to get a front zip off by myself. Not that limber anymore. The only problems I have zipping a back zip is when the companies got to be so stinking cheap that they put just a rubber pad, not a nylon covered pad, down the spine. Cheapskates...:mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom