• At 60 degrees F

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • At 45 degrees F

Votes: 47 14.9%
  • There is no limit yet.

Votes: 181 57.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good point. When I had the free flow problem, it was the air temp, and not the water temp that contributed to the problem.

I have never had the pleasure of diving in what most would consider warm water. I spent most of my life in Kodiak Alaska, average water temp aprox. 36-38 degrees. Salt water freezes at 28 degrees F. and I been under the ice.I wear a two piece 7 mil suit, I have never had the opertunity to wear a dry suit. I beleive that the warmest temp Ive been in is aprox 54 degrees in puget sound. (hoods canal). I would love to dive warm water at least once.

No need to stop . . . I have a drysuit.

Jan of 2000 did Ice Diving Cert. Temp underwater was 36 Degrees. Air Temp was 22, overcast, windy and snowing. I wanted to be under the water. It was warmer.

Leslie

There's no limit for me .........yet.

Only because i do not have enough experience yet to give that

info ,but i'll let you know after a few more dives.

I am sooooo spoiled. The coldest I dive are the local springs and spring fed rivers @ 72 degrees and that is not often as the ocean is not too far...

My hats off to you cold water divers...

It's definately easy to get spoiled in cave country. I really miss the waters in Alaska. Kodiak, you are a sick puppy to dive wet. You need counselling haha.
We dove a lot in Dutch Harbor. Great wrecks, hellacious tides and current always.
If water is liquid, it's a good dive.

when there is snow in the hills and the sled is ready to go other than that-- no reason to stop.

Up until the weekend I would have said 70 but on Saturday I dived for the first time in this country. The water was about 15c but wearing a 6.5mm semi dry I was toasty! I think I'll try this again!

regards

as long as I have the gear... Haven't reached the "to cold for me" yet!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom