Taking apart the Apeks inflation valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThePimp

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone tried it?

Do I need special tools, or can I do it with something simple?

I would just like to take it apart, clean it up, lube it with silicone grease and put it back together, it's sometimes (not too often) getting stuck (the button) and is harder to press than it should be, so I think cleaning it properly should help a lot.

What do you think? Any pointers?

Thank! :coffee:

The most recent iteration only requires a strong arm (and a brave heart) but there is a special tool for the older version. If you have the current version, turn the valve till it hits the stop then carefully gorilla it off. Be careful with the backing patch and replace if damaged, clean the valve thoroughly, inspect the spring (replace if corroded), replace the o-rings and reassemble/reinstall. The success rate for amateurs isn't very good the first time through the process - we sell a lot of replacements to folks who mung the job up so it might be a good idea to have a spare before you start.

Thank you for your help!

The suit is a 2007 version one, so I think it probably falls in the older version category.

How much would the service kit (o rings and such) and that tool cost for it?

I can be bought but I ain't cheap. What's it worth to have someone teach you how to do this, supply not only the tools and parts but also the knowledge and techniques that the job will require?

It will be cheaper to have the work done for you.

I agree, however in my town there is no licensed Apeks Valve repair shop, it's very hard to find it even in my country (I've failed so far).

I would prefer to hand it over to someone to clean it properly, but my options are a little bit limited.

Iam from Split, Croatia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom