tall wino gal in Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wino

New
Reaction score
:mdance:

Hey to all on the board...from a newbie in Ontario. Preparing to begin my OW cert. in April- looking forward it. No more sitting on the beach-wishing for tanks on my back!
Done a bit of warm water diving in the islands- just enough to know I'm really loving life in the DEEP.
Anyone have any thought on wetsuits for really tall gals like me- 6'- 144 lbs.? Living in a small town in Ontario- haven't yet ventured into any bigger shops to see whats what.
Appreciate any thoughts-
Watch out below---Wino comin' in!!!!

Welcome to the board!

Haven't shopped much for ladies wetsuits, being of a different gender and all! But I can tell you that often a custom suit isn't that much more than an off the shelf suit.

Are you close to Toronto (center of the universe) or Ottawa (universe of the center) or somewhere else? There are lots of decent shops around - and many of thier owners/workers are on this board occassionally (although I am not one of them!) Feel free to pop me an email if I can help you at all.

You'll no doubt want to join up with the Ontario Fresh Water Freaks and do some diving with us!

(Hmmmm "Wino" - would you be on the Niagara Escarpment? :confused: )

Welcome to the boards!

I agree that a custom wetsuit is probably the best way to go. The primary factor in chosing a wetsuit (aside from thickness) is fit, fit and fit.

Enjoy your diving!

Welcome to the boards!!

welcome to the neighbourhood.

Though I agree that custom is a great way to go... don't hesitate to check out the suits for the guys. Some of the fit/and measurements might be just for you. Sure the every so stylish colour of choice is likely to be only black.... but it will go with the pearls, right?

found women's suits were too short throught the torso. I just ordered a Men's Henderson GoldCore Core Warmer Combo.

You may have to go custom, but you won't know til you actually go try on suits. From reading the size charts, I assumed everything would be too short in the legs (I wear a 34" inseam in pants). After trying on a few suits however, I found that wasn't the case. They were too short in the torso.

Good Luck

Juls

welcome aboard!

wetsuits can be tough to get a good fit if you are not an off-the-rack fit.

I believe Hendersons is the only company to offer mix-and match sizing on tops and bottoms, which helps, as well as the hyperstretch line which fits "unusual" body shapes well (I'm in this catagory myself :wink:)

where in ontario are you? Going to be able to come out and see the wrecks in kingston this year?

Hi all again;
Thanks for the warm welcome-and thanks for the tips on tall gals wetsuits...
Interested...very interested in the Kingston wreck- oh!who am I kidding...I'm interested in all the local waters(very Piscean)..
I'm near London. What does eveyone suggest for dive sites in my area as a new diver? I need to find a reputable group to hook with as I'm without a buddy at my beck and call...

I'm not that familiar with the london area, as I am up kingston way, but aquabella is in london, and there are a few of us in windsor (rooster1 and snuggle come to mind)

I do know however that there are a couple of good wreck sites in the port dover area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom