Tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am new to diving, get my BC and reg and stuff on Monday, I am down to dive with anyone in the Tampa area. I dont know many other divers yet and am always looking to find new dive buddies. If anyone wants to save some cash and just find some places to do shore dives, my schedule is wide open. If anyone wants to do a weekday dive, I am a student with plenty of time for that. Thanks.
RLTW

Welcome B,

Shore diving around us is "eh" normally. We have got lucky down on Anna Maria a few times and had great vis but unfortunately i have to say the norm for us is less than ten feet (alot of times 5). Taking that and adding the hr drive makes it hard to get excited about but if your interested in getting a cavern cert Buford sink is about the same distance (way less for you in tpa) and 100' of vis is the norm there. It is some work getting there but well worth it in my opinion being the second largest cavern in fl. Fresh water diving can be lots of fun but its hard to match the ocean, that being said we take normal trips across the state over to west palm to dive the shore reef and blue heron bridge. We all ride together and split gas to cut cost, $100 for gas and $60 for two tanks a piece puts trip cost per person under $60. If we add another diver it drops to about $45 adding a lil for lunch gas and picking up tanks n what not. Pretty damn cheap all things considered if you ask me so shoot me a pm if you want to join up and help us save some money.

BTW round trip to key west from TIA is only around $120. Always something to keep in mind lol.

Hello There Peeps,

I'm James, I'm a new-ish diver from Bartow, about 50 miles from tampa. I've been looking for a group of divers that go out on a regular basis for awhile now. I just graduated from USF, and don't have a problem traveling a bit of distance for a dive. I've been doing cleanups with project aware at some of the piers around tampa, i'll keep an eye on this thread.

This Blue Heron bridge sounds more and more like something I need to check out!! :)

imhere!! coming out of town n country!!! whats up with this dunedin reef cleanup?? i was ther a few weeks ago spearfishing it didnt seem as bad as the clearwater reef?

---------- Post added ----------

such a great dive in west palm, the blue heron bridge. easy dive. only dive at slack high tide for it gives you about a 1 hour dive. you will see stuff that you wont see any other place in the world. and the best part about it is that its free!!

I am in tampa come home from deployment in july and ready to dive =0) whos with me?

Welcome home wizard and thanks for your service.

I have been off the grid as of late because we have been working on my newly acquired 74 Chris Craft express. 30 feet of twin v8 powered, air conditioned, dive site tracking goodness. She is running perfect and sea trials start this afternoon with a loop from crisp park boat ramp down around egmont and back. I will run it into the night so i can try out the new night vision cameras and infrared illuminators. We are beyond excited to finally have something more than 16 feet of flat bottom john to get us where we want to go. Only down side is the cost to fill her up... holy crap... anyway its a great reason to meet more divers and split up fuel cost while everyone still has a good time. Future plans include offshore navigation and safety gear to compliment the night vision/open array radar combo and then a trip from key west to the dry tortugas.

Soon as she is ready for a trip to the blackthorn I will be asking you guys for gas money lol.

Sharing fuel cost is an excellent idea.

As a miliary mother myself, I know the sacrifice you and your family must endure. And I thank you. My daughter was deployed a couple of years ago too.

If anyone wants to head to BHB on a weekday, I will go. I just dove Sugar Barge and Spanish rocks this morning...

I am in tampa come home from deployment in july and ready to dive =0) whos with me?

I'm with you! Getting home from deployments is always a good time to spend crazy amounts of cash and go adventuring!
RLTW!

If none of you have been to the Blue Heron Bridge you must go. This is one dive that I will gladly give up a cave dive for. There is no extensive reef system but the biodiversity of life there is amazing. I've seen creatures that I've never seen on reefs before.

Tracy - we need to dive again - and I have always wanted to do BHB. The kidlet is gone until the end/middle of July - and I really want to go with her photo skills in tow. Do you feel up to being a dive leader for BHB? I can drive/haul gear, if we can plan a date and time. I've never really done a shore dive, and you know how much hand holding I still need (I know, I need to get some big girl panties, but I'll feel like a newbie until my 200th dive)
Let me know - message me - or call, if you still have my number, maybe we can get a group together?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom